Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
- The forms judging board shall consist of three (3) or five (5) qualified Black Belt officials.
- An instructor may judge his own student in forms competition only under circumstances in which other qualified judges are not available. A judge may never judge any family member/relative in any forms division.
- Side judges will sit at the ring corners. The head official will sit at the front center of the ring.
- All forms judges must remain at their assigned ring until all forms competition is completed.
- Forgets form, drops weapon, or has equipment fail during musical form.
- 8.1-8.4 Poor form. Hesitation, disorientation, loss of balance, weak movements, flaws in movements
- 8.5-8.7 Average form. Weakness in some moves, break in concentration, slight loss of balance
- 8.8-8.9 Above average. Strong form but lacking smoothness and/or continuity.
- 9.0-9.4 Good form. Overall good performance with slight flaws in balance, technique, speed, power, or timing. (Lower scores would indicate more flaws in the form).
- 9.5 + Excellent form. Demonstration of superior movement and balance. Extreme level of difficulty taken into consideration. Exceptional power, speed, focus, balance, smoothness and continuity demonstrated.
- In the event of a tie in the Teams, Weapons, Specialty, or any Beginning Forms divisions, a competitor may execute the same form for runoff purposes.
- In the event of a tie in all other divisions, a different form must be executed.
- In the event of a second tie, the high and the low scores shall be added to the total.
- In the event of a third tie (or a second tie if only three (3) judges are used) judges will simultaneously point to their preferred winning competitor.
- Lineup shall be set by lot, with each competitor allowed one draw for each division won. Number one (1) shall be at the top of the list and shall compete last.
- Each competitor shall perform a form representative of the division in which he/she won; multiple winners shall choose one division to represent.
- No Jewelry.
- No more than 5 Kias.
- No music, no weapons or props can be used.
- Start and end (relatively) in front of the head judge.
- No wasted movements, each movement has a reason.
- No more that three kicks without setting foot down.
- No gymnastics: Flips, Splits, Cartwheels or Handstands.
- Competitors wear traditional type uniforms either white or black (exception for Kung Fu).
- Traditional Forms should incorporate techniques learned in basic karate classes and in karate books provided by the founders of major karate styles.