Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
- The head official and each side judge have one vote. A majority of votes is required to confirm any decision (two of three officials or three of five) with exception of disqualifications for injuries as stated below.
- Optional: Under belt Jr. divisions can be ran with only 2 judges for sparring.
- The head official shall stop the action in a match to call for points or fouls either upon: (1) the head judge seeing a point or foul. (2) A signal from any of the side judges that they have seen a point or a foul. All officials shall score simultaneously upon a signal from the head official.
- The head official shall stop time for multiple calls, conferences, injuries, or equipment adjustments.
- Matches shall be two minutes in length and shall officially end when the timekeeper informs the head official that time has expired.
- Coaching is allowed in all sparring divisions.
- Time Keeper will call a time out at the one-minute mark per match.
- During the time-out each fighter will have 10 seconds to talk with their coaches.
- A competitor who gains a five-point advantage over his/her opponent (5-0, 6-1, 7-2, etc.) before time has expired shall be declared the winner.
- Matches ending in a tie will be decided by” Sudden Victory” overtime. The first competitor to score a confirmed point shall be declared the winner.
- Light contact to the side, back, and top of the head will score. Light to medium body contact will be required to score points in all divisions.
- In all divisions below Brown Belt, techniques to the face and throat must be stopped within one (1) inch of all actual contact.
- Light contact may be made to the face in all Adult and Junior Brown and Black Belt divisions.
- Back fist
- Hammer fist
- Front kick
- Back kick
- Side kick
- Wheel or round kick
- Heel, hook, spin, turn or jump kicks..
- Face (catcher’s mask area - an oval from the front of the ears forward, including the throat.
- Side of the neck
- Unauthorized strikes, head butts, finger-jabs, ripping or gouging techniques to the face, strikes with the elbow or knee.
- Attempted attacks to the joints or spinal area.
- Blind or uncontrolled techniques.
- Continuing to fight after “Break” has been called.
- Kicking techniques to the legs. Sweeps may be used only if done with a straight legged, unsnapped motion and must be done to upset the opponent’s balance only.
- Takedowns can be used in Brown and Black Belt adult divisions only and only on a raised (yielding) boxing style ring. Attacks on a downed opponent must be executed within three (3) seconds of the take down.
- Attacking a downed opponent with exception of the conditions mentioned above.
- Drop kicks and attacks from the ground. (Drop kicks may be used only under the same conditions for takedowns).
- Stepping out of bounds during a match in progress. A competitor is out of bounds when a foot either touches or crosses the boundary line while fighting, retreating or being knocked
- back by a legal technique that does not score. (Pushing an opponent out is a foul.) A competitor may not score or be scored upon while out of bounds; however, other confirmed fouls or face contact penalties committed while out of bounds shall be assessed.
- Strikes to the groin.
- During Black Belt finals if a competitor is unable to compete and forfeits the match, his/her opponent will be credited a 5-0 win.
- In the event of the point method being used to determine the Grand Champion if there is a tie, one (1) two-minute match will be used to determine the Grand Champion